Thinking About Quitting Tobacco?
- Talk to your health care provider about quitting and medications that might be right for you. For additional help, call the New York State Smokers' Quitline for free help in English and Spanish at 1-866-NYQUITS (1-866-697-8487) or visit http://www.nysmokefree.com
- The New York State Smokers' Quitline provides individualized coaching and a free starter kit for eligible smokers who are trying to stop smoking.
- Visit NYC Quits for local resources including locating a Quit Smoking Program Site and signing up for the Text NYC Quits program
- If you have Medicaid insurance or are covered by another health insurance plan, your insurance will cover stop smoking medications. Call your Medicaid or health insurance plan today, and find out more about the stop smoking medications that are covered for you!
- Using quit-smoking medications can double your chances of quitting smoking for good. Talk to your doctor or other health care provider about a quit plan that is right for you!
- The Asian Smokers’ Quitline (ASQ) is a free nationwide Asian-language quit smoking service. Services are available in four languages (Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, and Vietnamese). The Quitline also provides information to friends and family members of tobacco users.
Stay up to date with the latest developments.